All circuitry is custom to each conversion and calibrated accordingly. There can be differences between pedals I find. Very unusual for a digital pedal. Conversions can be like that. Each one is unique and satisfying in its own way 😀
Since the CEM3340 chip was put back into production, and after seeing what a few other makers have built with them, I decided it was time for me to come up with my own take on this ‘tried and true’ chip! I looked over the various designs on using the CEM3340’s and settled on the Octoginta II.
Now that the VCO’s were sorted and I was able to purchase the DIY PCB’s, I needed to choose a wavefolder design. I like what Yusynth did with Haible’s wavefolder and went with his design here:
The YuSynth design required me to make my own PCB’s. This can be a laborious process if you have not done it before. But I have the process down to a science here in the lab, so I was able to get these made pretty quickly. Taste the Sodium Persulfate in the air, aahhhhh!
I mentioned the TRISPECTRUM in the last video I published below. The start of that voyage was getting and using just one Spectrum OSC from WMD & SSF. Once I had a chance to really put that OSC thru its paces, I have to admit I really fell in love with it. Those guys nailed it as far as I was concerned. The more I used it, I thought, “this would be even better if I could stack three of them together”. Having the ability to sync all three and individually pull each one in and out of sync would be cool. Waveform switching like on the Mini Moog and mutes and attenuators made sense from a performance aspect as well.
The Ideas came hard and fast. Before you knew it I had my first prototype. Pictured here.
Then it started to get a little crazy. I thought, how about CV control over octaves? Why not have some nice Vactrol VCA’s and have plenty of mults pre and post those Vactrol VCA’s? I spent a little time with Bill from WMD and I was on my way. Pic of the back.
Please excuse the usual Gameboy parts all over. I was also finishing up the last of the Synthboy+ while working on this too 🙂 Pic of the final so far.
Overall I am very pleased how this came out. I am realizing how much more performance power you can gain by just combining several modules together. Even if it is just normaling the obvious jacks together, like 1 V/Oct and Pulse width. That just saves me extra cables and a mult and time to do this otherwise. Once you start gaining experience using your eurorack modules you should start to see how they could be even better configured to your individual liking. If you want more info check out the link below. I will post more info if I make more updates. Never rest!